- Startdatum: 2019-01-18 13:00
- Slutdatum: 2019-01-18 14:00
- Plats: CPF, Norra Stationsgatan 69, floor 6, 36-salen
At the first CPF journal club of the year we will discuss challenges and opportunities with single-case experimental design (SCED) studies.
In the debate of the limitations with randomized controlled trials, several strengths with SCED has been put forward, such as: (1) the possibility of investigating the impact of separate interventions (rather than a whole treatment package), (2) bridging gap between clinician and scientist (as SCED could be feasible to use in regular care), and; (3) rapid data collection.
Specifically, we will focus on the design and implication of a treatment study for nonsuicidal self-injury (NSSI) where the unique and combined effect of two psychological interventions are investigated. Prepare for a discussion of both ethical aspects (e.g., what criteria is reasonable to withhold interventions?), study design (e.g., how do we define a stable baseline of NSSI, to be able to detect a difference between control and active condition?), and future objectives.
Title of the article to be discussed: Bentley KH, Nock MK, Sauer-Zavala S, Gorman BS, Barlow DH. A Functional Analysis of Two Transdiagnostic, Emotion-Focused Interventions on Nonsuicidal Self-Injury. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2017; 85(6): 632–46.
The JC will be led by doctoral student Olivia Simonsson, and professor Clara Hellner.
The Journal Club is intended for PhD-students associated with CPF. Coffee and light snacks will be available. Registration for the JC is not necessary!
Instructions regarding ZOOM:
* You can get also connected through smartphone (download the app ZOOM). Click on "join a meeting", type in the meeting code that Karolina will provide you with and choose username. For a group to join in, you can use a web camera. For this purpose, download ZOOM on your laptop (for SLL-computers, the installation might take some time so prepare this well in time). To join the meeting, click on the link provided by Karolina.
- 2019-03-28 Behavioral medicine: Exciting research in Sweden
- 2019-04-10 Personcentrerad vård (PCV) - Individens återkomst i den evidensbaserade medicinen?
- 2019-04-29 Reglering, prevention och behandling av spelproblem
- 2019-05-22 MIQA-gruppen bjuder in till Inspirationsdag i MI
- 2020-08-19 16th International Congress of Behavioural Medicine 2020